About Me

My photo
I am the Mother of two great adult children, Elizabeth 27 years, and Scott 24 years. On September 4, 2010 I gained a new son-in-law in the family - Josh. I look forward to the new adventures this brings our family! I find it difficult to be a human "being" versus a human "doing" and strive to find a peace and serenity.

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Trying to Figure It Out

I was really sick recently (double ear infections and strep throat) and between naps I started watching the television series "Lost." I am completely hooked and love that I can watch the entire series on Netflix (without commercials) anytime I have time and want to "check-out."

Now I'm trying to figure out what I'm so intrigued by the show. I like mysteries - the show has depths of mystery - maybe that is it. I love thrillers - and the show at times is extremely thrilling and unexpected and keeps you on the edge of your seat trying to figure out why something has happened or what is going to happen next. The show has a number of roles for strong, intelligent women - although their bodies continue to be presented to please the male gaze. The men continue to attempt perpetuate patriarchy - although some of the women make this most difficult for them. I like this. I like what it presents to the generations of women and men watching this type of show - rather than The Brady Bunch or Laugh In during formative years. I like that there is a possibility of creating a new social system - or is the system created and the plane crash survivors have been invited to join it? It is all very curious. It is all so far from my daily live that it takes me away for a short visit to another place. I really like this.

I'm about half way through the entire show. It gets more complex each episode. I love this.

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3503854848/tt0411008

No comments:

Post a Comment